VTL at a Glance
- The VTL Group is a privately owned automotive, precision engineering company with world class, fully accredited manufacturing facilities in Europe, North America and India.
- We specialise in the design, development and manufacture of high specification, complex, tight tolerence, precision machined components and sub-assemblies for automotive power train applications.
- Our core business is focused on precision components for turbo-chargers, engines and transmissions.
- We supply into leading OEMs as well as Automotive Tier Ones.
- We offer services including design, development, prototyping, medium to high volume production with integrated supply chain solutions.
- We invest in the latest technology to support specific customer needs to deliver long-term value through collaborative approach.
- We have an in-house dedicated technical centre to support product/process development.
- We have incorporated Operational Excellence tools (5S, Lean 6 SIgma) within our own VTL Production System to enable continuous improvement and progress in all aspects of our business.
- We have a financial track record with a supportive institutional investor (BGF) to support long-term growth and expansion plans.
- We are actively investing in new territories, products and processes.
Our business is focused on supporting customers in their existing and emerging markets. We are committed to continued investment in research and development to support the evolution of next generation, carbon efficient vehicles.
Company established as Sagar Richards Ltd, based in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Company name changed to Valeo Transmissions Ltd after acquisition by the Valeo Group.
MBO carried out by Bruno Jouan and Chris Elliott to create the VTL Group.
2001 - 2012
During this time the Group evolved from a UK based sub-contractor to an advanced automotive engineering organisation offering its blue chip customers innovative engineering solutions, a global footprint, high quality products and services at competitive prices. The company has grown organically and through a number of acquisitions, greenfield start ups and JV partnerships from £8.5m in 2001 to over £60m in 2012.
Opening of brand new Technical Centre.
Business Growth Fund plc (BGF) invested in VTL Group as a minority shareholder to support the Group's strategy.